The Richard theme comes bundled with the Richard Attorneys plugin. We broke this functionality out to a plugin separate from the theme files so that you will not lose any attorneys you add to your site should you ever decide to use a different theme in the future.
The first time you activate Richard you should be prompted to install the Attorneys plugin. Please do so.
With the plugin active you will see a Attorneys menu item added to the left side WordPress Admin menu. You can add attorneys the same way you add pages or posts. Enter the name of the attorney in the top field where it says “Enter Title Here”. The main text of the attorney’s biography goes in the content edit area.
Below that you can add some optional additional information for the attorney including:
- Job Title – Displays below the attorney’s name on the main Attorneys page template
- Short Description – Displays at the top left corner beside the main content area of the practice area
- Practice Areas – Displays on the individual attorney page in the upper right corner
- Industries – Displays on the individual attorney page in the upper right corner
- Contact Details – Displays on the individual attorney page in the left column below the Featured Image/Headshot
- Education – Displays on the individual attorney page in the left column below the contact information
- Associations – Displays on the individual attorney page in the left column below the Education information
The head shot images for both the main Attorneys page template and the individual attorney pages uses the standard WordPress featured image on the single attorney edit screen. For best results images should be sized consistently before they are uploaded to the site. Recommended image size is 364px wide by 374px high.
Pro Tip: You can use the Order field in the right side Attributes box of the individual Attorney edit screen to set the order for the attorneys to display in the Attorneys page template. They will show in ascending order with the lowest order number the top.
To display all of your attorneys on one page use the Attorneys page template.