Our social icons and newsletter sign up box are controlled by one widget within Appearance -> Widgets.
Defining the Form Box
Our subscribe box is using a plugin called Gravity Forms. Gravity Forms is a premium plugin and the developer of this plugin does not allow us to provide a developer license. If you would like to use this form plugin, you will have to purchase a license. If you would prefer to go another route, there are many contact form plugins available for WordPress.
If you do opt to use Gravity Forms for the subscribe feature:
Define Your Form
- Go to Forms and add the desired form
- Add a Single Line Field for First Name
- Add a Single Line Field for Last Name
- Add an Email field for Email and mark as required
- Edit the each new field (for example “Name”)
- Click on the “Advanced” tab
- Enter the field name (or some other instruction text) in the “Default Value” field
- Set the Field Size to Large
- Enter clearit in the CSS Class Name field
- Click Update Form
Remember to click your teal “Update Form” button to save your changes.
Adding the Form to the Sidebar
- Go to Appearance -> Widgets
- Drag Web Savvy Social Widget widget over to Home Sidebar
- Insert the below content in your Custom Field (remove the extra spaces inside each brackets)
Stay up to date! Get the latest travel news and private discounts straight to your email.
[ gravityform id="1" name="Newsletter Signup" description="false" ]
Defining Your Social Icons
- Once you’ve performed the above steps to define your form, simply add your desired social URLs to the appropriate fields within the widget.
- If you do not have an account shown, simply leave that field blank and the icon will not display.