Here are the steps to use your custom logo image with the theme.
First set the logo to show by performing the following:
- From your WordPress dashboard go to Genesis –> Theme Settings
- Under “Header Settings” choose “Image Logo” from the drop down.
- Click the “Save Settings” button to save your settings.
Next you need to upload your logo images to your theme file. Your logo image must be a .png image file.
The theme demo logo.png file is sized to:
- Width = 222 pixels
- Height = 46 pixels
You have flexibility to use a larger logo image if you prefer. In the full desktop view you should be able to use a logo image as large as these dimensions without significant issues.
- Width = 320 pixels
- Height = 90 pixels
If you go much larger than those dimensions you may need to adjust your /derrick/style.css style sheet to accommodate your logo image.
With your FTP software, or your web host’s cPanel, upload your custom logo image file to the the image directory in your theme corresponding to the color scheme you have selected. The list below will designate which folder for each color scheme.
- /wp-content/themes/derrick/images/logo.png –> Default
- /wp-content/themes/derrick/images/derrick-red/logo.png –> Red
- /wp-content/themes/derrick/images/derrick-orange/logo.png –> Orange
- /wp-content/themes/derrick/images/derrick-green/logo.png –> Green
- /wp-content/themes/derrick/images/derrick-grey/logo.png –> Grey
- /wp-content/themes/derrick/images/derrick-purple/logo.png –> Purple