Our home page has a large image displayed. While we are not rotating images here, this is possible. We just choose to have one single image, but you can add more if you choose
Note: This uses a premium plugin called Soliloquy. A license for this is already included in your theme at purchase. You do not need to purchase a license unless you want direct support from the plugin developer. Thomas, the developer, is really good with support so we encourage buyers who have advanced needs to consider purchasing a their own license so they can receive direct support. If you do not have advanced needs which would require support, you are good to go with our included license.
Create any number of images and size them to 1116px x 372px.
Update: Soliloquy now includes an “import/export slider” option under Misc. If you wish to use it, here are the slider settings from the slider on the demo site. Download the JSON settings file here.
Note: The settings import will set the slide image and link on the demo site. It will likely be a broken link on your site since you don’t have those. You will need to delete that slide and add your own in its place.
Manual Setup (if you don’t use the above JSON file):
- Go to Soliloquy –> Add New
- Give your slide set a name of Home Page.
- Under Config
- Slider Theme = Classic
- Slider Dimensions
- Slide width = 1108
- Slide height = 378
- Slider Transition = Fade
- Slider Transition Duration = 7000 (if you want to match demo)
- Slider Transition Speed = 600 (if you want to match demo)
- Slider Position = Center
- Slider Gutter = 0
- Autostart Slider = Checked
- Show Slider Control Nav = Checked
- Loop Slider = Checked
- Enable Keyboard Navigation = Checked
- Use CSS Transitions = Checked
- Use Adaptive Height = Checked
- Crop Images in Slider = Checked
- Slider Delay = 0
- Start on Slide = 0
- Under Misc
- Slider Title = Home Page
- Slider Slug = home-page
- Under Images
- Click Select Images
- Import files from your computer as you would normally do in WordPress
- Our sliders are using text and this is set per slide.
- An example of the text is:
<h2>Shop by Category</h2>